Monday, October 31, 2016

This Is A Mistake - Contemporary Abstract Painting


contemporary abstract painting, art, contemporary art, large painting, abstract art, Sam Freek,
This Is A Mistake & There Are No Mistakes by Sam Freek

contemporary abstract painting, art, contemporary art, large painting, abstract art, Sam Freek,
Contemporary Abstract Paintings by Sam Freek

contemporary abstract painting, art, contemporary art, large painting, abstract art, Sam Freek,
Modern Abstract Paintings by Sam Freek

It's a great Monday morning as I've had some brilliant feedback about my artwork over the weekend so I'm all happy today and thought I'd share these two new paintings that are being sold together. They are 2 x 20" x 32" - on 1.5" stretcher bars  and are hand painted multi coloured abstract paintings. Acrylic colours used on "This Is A Mistake" are black, white and pink. The acrylic colours used on "There Are No Mistakes" are black, white, red, blue, pink, yellow, orange and green.

One day I thought I'd made a huge mistake and was beating myself up pretty bad about it as I couldn't let it go, so I thought I would turn this mood into art and started painting the "This Is A Mistake" artwork and wanted it to look simple with a careless feel about it. Part of the painting was already in my mind and the rest just came to me in a carefree way as I was laying the paint down on canvas. The second contemporary painting, "There Are No Mistakes" was a previously finished (or half finished as it didn't feel completed) painting and I realised upon looking at both of these artworks side by side that there are no mistakes and so I added a large dripping speech bubble with my new mantra "There Are No Mistakes" which brought both the paintings together.

If you have any questions about this painting then please feel free to contact me - Sam Freek (The Artist).


Author: Sam Freek

No comments:

Post a Comment