Friday, September 02, 2016

All You Can Eat For A Fiver - Poetry by Sam Freek

 All You Can Eat For A Fiver

See the world through google maps its cheaper
Dancing dots fill my vision as I wait
Filled in the blanks to create a bigger picture
I had a vision of you made up of electrical pulses

A new facade and now I'm not sure how I feel
All you can eat for a fiver but I only have a £3.50
An unwelcome phone call from a warmer climate
There are more ways than one to skin a potato

I don't know anything about fish fingers
Check in to mimic the crowd of people
The postman bridged the gap on my happiness
Riding shotgun on the bus with Jerry

You were created from the super highway
I'm your biggest fan I follow you on Facebook
I hate messaging people lets talk instead
Automated reply make no sense to my query

Playing devils advocate with everything you say
Do something out of the ordinary to draw attention
Playing the air guitar like no-ones watching
Talking out loud to myself and I laugh


Author: Sam Freek

No comments:

Post a Comment