Saturday, July 16, 2016

One Way Street - Poetry

One Way Street

It was cold out
But I didn't quite feel it
A quiet whisper and heads turned
It was a one way street

I missed the one way conversations
With sounds from my dreams haunting me
My senses were on high alert
Drifting in and out of satisfaction

I didn't want to see the moonlight
I couldn't connect
Where did the darkness go?
You waited for that popular song
But it wasn't an open invitation

I walked through the can of worms
Again and again
I was lost but it felt like home
Why did you come looking?
I stood among them and heard there was no way back

You were building the bridge too slow
So I demolished it again
My head and heart didn't connect
Neither knew the other existed
I hit a red light but carried on

Author: Sam Freek

No comments:

Post a Comment