Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Electric Shock - Poetry by Word Artist Sam Freek

 Electric Shock

The beat slowed down to a panic
You said I needed anger management
I said you needed an electric shock
The TV sat too far away
I squinted and stared at the ceiling

For up to an hour I just sat there
Ignoring sounds of attention
If you want to reach me just talk
A biology book gave me the cure
Silk gloves the chosen choice of perversion

Modelling yourself on the phony cheese
How do you measure the length of time
You wanted to eat the flesh of the city
Spaced out you found you'd become a stranger
Riddled with the words from today's news

Pack me off for your understanding
An icy reception awaits your return
No back up plan to dance to
So you sing a song that's not your own
With tiny embraces from friendly inventions

Author: Sam Freek

No comments:

Post a Comment