Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Blurred Lines - Poetry by Word Artist Sam Freek

Blurred Lines

Make way for a new idea coming in
Wrong phrases mark your terms
Your a bad news girl
Hitting me with headlines
Don't you know I'm no longer on trial

Can't see the top so it doesn't exist
Taking shelter in a phone box from the rain
You were almost famous dressed in fake fur
Try running between blurred lines
You played with words and they turned purple

I don't feel it for the fifteen minutes
I'll have a years supply of feedback for free instead
Bagged up words from the compere
Jumped in slowly and covered up
The cake fell apart but still tasted good

I feel like I've been here before
That's not a bad thing
Slept with more than one skeleton to find you
Wasting my energy on you as I have an endless supply
But the rules change so I end the game 

Author: Sam Freek

No comments:

Post a Comment