Tuesday, May 10, 2016

To Rent - Multi Coloured Neo Expressionist Art


neo expressionist, art, canvas art, canvas print, contemporary, modern, multi coloured, urban, photography,
Multi Coloured Neo Expressionist Canvas Art Print

neo expressionist, art, canvas art, canvas print, contemporary, modern, multi coloured, urban, photography,
To Rent - Neo Expressionist Canvas Art Print by Sam Freek
When I go out and about taking photographs I sometimes see part of an image I know that I am going to use to create a canvas art print and this is one of them. I loved the grey/blue colour against the random torn white posters and wanted to create a colourful spectacle overlaying it whilst still allowing enough of it to be seen. I'm still working on this style and have picked neo expressionist although it could be described as an urban graffiti style too, whatever it maybe its grungy, colourful and random and I like it. It's trying to create something random whilst still looking like its meant to be there and the only way I can do this is to have a clear mind and let the art build up until something in my head says its time to stop.
 

This artwork you see is called "To Rent" and it once started off as an urban photograph and then I have digitally drawn/painted over the top of it to create this multi coloured spectacle. The digital photograph/artwork is then printed onto canvas and hand mounted onto 1.5" stretcher bars, I chose 1.5" stretcher bars as they make more of an impact when the art is hung. The canvas has a fine coat of varnish applied which helps protect the artwork and it also makes the colours really stand out. If you have any questions about this canvas art print or any other artwork on my website then please feel free to contact me. - Sam Freek (The Artist). 

Author: Sam Freek

No comments:

Post a Comment