Monday, May 09, 2016

Hardcastle Craggs - English Countryside Photography


Hardcastle Craggs, Hebden Bridge, landscape, travel, photography, art, Yorkshire, England, countryside, contemporary art,
Stepping Stones - Hardcastle Craggs by Sam Freek  
 Last weekend I went for a walk around Hardcastle Craggs which is just outside of Hebden Bridge town centre in West Yorkshire, England. The photo is of a cute little building that I imagined I owned and I would skip across the stream on the stepping stones to get to the shops/pub. I love the sound of running water so when I do go walking I always try to make sure part of it is near a stream or waterfall.

Hardcastle Craggs, Hebden Bridge, landscape, travel, photography, art, Yorkshire, England, countryside, contemporary art,
Tree Swing - Hardcastle Craggs by Sam Freek
 Just imagining myself on a tree swing that sways over the stream.

Hardcastle Craggs, Hebden Bridge, landscape, travel, photography, art, Yorkshire, England, countryside, contemporary art,
Spooky part of Hardcastle Craggs by Sam Freek
 As you start to climb and begin to walk further away from the stream it gets much spookier with very little to be heard and with only the wind and the cracking of fallen sticks as you walk over the ground to keep your ears company. Here is a black and white photo of the top end of Hardcastle Craggs with what appears to be a ghost in the bottom left corner. 
 
Hardcastle Craggs, Hebden Bridge, landscape, travel, photography, art, Yorkshire, England, countryside, contemporary art,
Hazy Day at Hardcastle Craggs by Sam Freek
It was a hazy day when I walked around Hardcastle Craggs and I was so longing for the sun to come out as it makes easier work of getting photos right and the colours just pop out. This is the top end of the walk around Hardcastle Craggs and you begin to descend back down to the stream around this point. I thought I would add a bit of blue sky and the sun to give you a sense of what kind of day I was hoping for. 

Author: Sam Freek

No comments:

Post a Comment